Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Corey Taylor Records Audio Version Of 'Seven Deadly Sins'!

This summer, the very outspoken Corey Taylor from Slipknot and Stone Sour, released his first book ever titled "Seven Deadly Sins - Settling The Argument Between Born Bad And Damaged Good". While Taylor could have easily written an autobiography like other established artists do, he decided to write something very different. This is what he had to say about this:

“I’ve been threatening to write a book for a long time, but since every Tom, Dick and Harry writes an autobiography, I didn’t want to just do that. My approach to writing is the same as my approach to music: I don’t want to do what everybody else is doing.”

“Seven Deadly Sins” is Taylor’s candid, outrageous manifesto reflecting on the subject and nature of sin. The audio version of "Seven Deadly Sins - Settling The Argument Between Born Bad And Damaged Good" was released on September 26 in the U.S. and Canada. This is what Corey Taylor had to say about the recording process of his new audio book.

"I always had a plan that if I didn't get to read it, I had three people that I wanted to read it: Morgan Freeman, Christopher Walken or Betty White. Those are my three that, I'm just like, I would love to have that happen. But I'm not gonna get out of it; I'm gonna have to read it myself. Which is fine, seeing as it's my kind of flow.

"People who know me, they call me and it's like, 'Dude, I can't get your voice out of my head when I'm reading this book. It's like I'm talking to you!'. And that, that's the best compliment I could ever get, you know, because that's really what it's supposed to be, is a conversation. It's supposed to be me trying to make a point and trying to make an argument, and apparently I've done pretty well."

Here are a few previews of Corey Taylor reading "Seven Deadly Sins - Settling The Argument Between Born Bad And Damaged Good".





Related links:
Click to order the audio version of "Seven Deadly Sins - Settling The Argument Between Born Bad And Damaged Good"
Corey Taylor's official site
Slipknot
Stone Sour

No comments: