Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Robb Flynn Goes "Off The Wagon", MACHINE HEAD Begin Jamming For NEW Album!


MACHINE HEAD's Robb Flynn recently wrapped up his very special acoustic shows, which proved why Flynn is considered one of the best musicians in Heavy Music today. Additionally, Flynn went through a 10 day master cleanse, which ended being a 12 day master cleanse. Well done Robb! Here is what he posted regarding his acoustic shows and his master cleanse:


"I did the full 10 days on the Master Cleanse and ended up going 12 days just to make sure that I stayed sober and didn't fall off the wagon while still doing these shows. The shows were awesome, really, really, REALLY awesome! I needed this so bad. To everyone who came out to these shows and made them such a special and intense event, thank you. They got heavy, really heavy and I had no idea how heavy these would get. Therapeutic. I didn't know what to expect or what they would be like. I made no setlist except the opening and closing song. Chose songs we probably won't play live again or at least haven't played live in a reeeeeeeally long time, and cover songs we would never cover. To my surprise I ended up telling a lot of stories before each song. Every time I thought I'd been going-on too long with a story, ("am I talking too much?") people would ask for more. In Fullerton I got a "sto-ry, sto-ry, sto-ry" chant, it was hilarious.

"It was surprising how fun these shows were. Hell, I'm playing a bunch of acoustic songs, not party Metal! But it was a party here and there, and more than anything for our small group of 100 to 200 each night, it was a release. A massive communal release. I was choked up more than a few times, sing-a-longs were life-affirming and in San Diego I got an encore!! San Diego was amazing.

"Lots of videos up on YouTube, some posted on the MH FB page and lots posted at the MH fansite TakeMyScars.com. Here are some I quickly found."


- "Sunshine" (Alice In Chains cover, live in Riverside): http://youtu.be/-TykJ8TWtK0
- "The Burning Red" (live in Hollywood): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=COkPPybZBt8
- "Darkness Within" (live in San Diego): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cACu6jCHheU&feature=player_embedded


Wait, we got more MACHINE HEAD news. The band has begun jamming some NEW music, here is what Robb Flynn had to say about this: "Dave [McClain, drums], Phil [Demmel, guitar] and I practiced the other day and it was a really productive first jam session. McClain had about five rockin' riffs, Demmel brought in the skeleton of what feels like a great song and I had a few riffs that we rocked on, no full songs, but solid riffs. It felt good, good to be moving on from [2011's 'Unto The Locust']. Super proud of that record, but it's time to move on, and we're ready to move on. Bring on the future with an open embrace."


Related links:
MACHINE HEAD's Official Site

No comments: