Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Monday, January 5, 2015

U2: Bono's Accident Affects his Future in the Band (el Accidente que Sufrió Bono Afecta su Futuro con la Banda)!

We have some very alarming news to report: U2's Bono has announced that he might no be able to play guitar ever again due to the massive injury to his arm caused by a major bicycle accident. This very crappy news was announced by Bono himself via a letter he posted on the band's website.

A few excerpts of Bono's letter follow:

On the day of my 50th birthday I received an injury because I was over indulging in exercise boxing and cycling, which was itself an overcompensation for overindulging on alcohol coming up to the big birthday. I promised myself I would be more mindful of my limits, but just four years on, it happened again - a massive injury I can't blame on anyone but myself, mainly because I blanked out on impact and have no memory of how I ended up in New York Presbyterian with my humerus bone sticking through my leather jacket. Very punk rock as injuries go. 

The consequences of this freak accident are significant enough that I will have to concentrate hard to be ready for the U2 tour in fitness terms… as a result I have cancelled every public appearance and decided this missive is all the communication I can manage for the first half of 2015, beyond muttering and singing to myself of course.

I broke my hand, my shoulder, my elbow and my face but the real injury this year was to my Irish pride as it was discovered that under my tracksuit I was wearing yellow and black Lycra cycling shorts. Yes, LYCRA. This is not very rock 'n' roll. 

Recovery has been more difficult than I thought... As I write this, it is not clear that I will ever play guitar again. The band have reminded me that neither they nor Western civilization are depending on this. 

I personally would very much miss fingering the frets of my green Irish falcon or my (RED) Gretsch. Just for the pleasure, aside from writing tunes. But then does the Edge, or Jimmy Page, or any guitarist you know have a titanium elbow, as I do now? I'm all elbows, I am.

Read Bono's letter HERE

Versión en Español:


Les tenemos una noticia bastante alarmante: Bono, el cantante de U2, a anunciado que el grave accidente que sufrió en su brazo podría dejarlo sin poder volver a tocar la guitarra. Esta triste noticia fue anunciada por Bono en una carta que el publico en la pagina oficial de U2.

Acá les tenemos partes de la carta de Bono:

"En el día de mi cumpleaños número 50 sufrí una lesión porque yo soy de las personas que practican el boxeo y el ciclismo, en compensación por excederme en el alcohol cuando se avecina mi cumpleaños. No puedo culpar a nadie más que a mí mismo, principalmente porque no recuerdo nada del momento del golpe y no tengo ningún recuerdo de cómo terminé en el hospital New York Presbyterian con mi hueso húmero sobresaliendo a través de mi chaqueta de cuero. Creo que fue un accidente bastante Punk Rock.


Las consecuencias de este curioso accidente son suficientemente importantes. Tendré que concentrarme mucho para estar listo físicamente para la gira de U2. En consecuencia, he cancelado todas mis apariciones públicas y he decidido que esta carta es la única comunicación que puedo efectuar durante la primera mitad de 2015, más allá de murmurar y cantar para mí, por supuesto.


Me rompí la mano, el hombro, el codo y la cara pero la lesión de verdad este año fue mi orgullo irlandés, ya que se descubrió que bajo mi sudadera llevaba pantalones cortos de ciclista de lycra color amarillo y negro. Sí, LYCRA. No es muy Rock N’ Roll.


La recuperación ha sido más difícil de lo que yo pensaba.Mientras escribo esto, no está claro si voy a tocar otra vez la guitarra. La banda me ha recordado que ni ellos ni la civilización occidental dependen de esto.o personalmente echaría en falta manosear los trastes de mi Irish Falcon verde o mi Gretsch roja. Sólo por el placer, aparte de escribir canciones. Pero entonces The Edge o Jimmy Page, o cualquier guitarrista que conozcas ¿tiene un codo de titanio, como yo ahora?"


Lea la carta de Bono AQUI

Related links/Enlaces relacionados:
U2.com

No comments: